Many fake journals are there in Scopus and SCI and particularly many journals have multiple websites for them. This causes great confusion and sometimes scholars get trapped into fake journals.
The following are some of the tips to identify fake/predatory journals.
- Go for a detailed search of the journal website.
- Check whether the journal is a member of DOAJ, COPE, OASPA or STM.
- Approach / function through agents.
- In Indian currency, they collect /publish publication fees.
- They send spam / phishing mails / SMSs and cannot easily get in touch.
- They collect publishing fees for user accounts.
- The majority of publications are from individuals.
- Fake editorial board.
- Wrong journal content statements, including Impact Factor.
- Guarantee publication within a very short timeframe (1 day to 1 month).
- Promising peer review, but only offering a scale-based review study.
- The number of papers (30 to 1000) in each issue will be unbelievable.
The following are the list of journals which have two websites.
|S.No.||Fake Journal||Website 1||Website 2|
|2.||Journal of Xidian university||http://xadzkjdx.cn/||https://tinyurl.com/yyoj3eay|
|3.||African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines||http://www.bioline.org.br/tc||https://athmsi.org/journals/index.php/ajtcam/index|
For fast publishing SCI journals, Click here