Reference manager software or personal bibliographic management is software that allows all manners of scientists, researchers and scholars to record and use citations when creating bibliographies.
The six basic functions of the reference managers include create, store, Organize, change, Cite, and Share references.
Some of the important and popular Reference managers for researchers and faculty members are
It can be used to create bibliographies and citations, and it also allows users to collaborate with other researchers. Mendeley can be accessed online or offline, and it is available for both Windows and Mac users.
- It makes it easy to add references and bibliographies to your google docs.
- It offers a browser plugin that works with Firefox and Google Chrome.
Price: Free to all users (there are costs for upgraded storage).
To know more click here,
EndNote is a commercial reference management software tool that may be used to keep track of bibliographies and references while writing essays, reports, and articles.This reference manager is that it includes reference types such as interviews, podcasts, conference papers, and press releases.
- EndNote cite while you write (CWYW) is a comprehensive tool for citing references and editing citations.
- EndNote website provides online training materials and a blog.
- We can add references manually.
Price: $110. 30-day free trial available . click here,To know more..
Zotero is a free and open-source reference management software that allows you to organize your bibliographic data and research resources.It is a cross-platform program that features a Firefox plug-in, is compatible with Microsoft Word, and we can export references and in all file formats.
- It works as a plugin to your web-based browser thus allowing one-click import of the references.
- Zotero saves your citation library to your local computer but syncs with multiple computers so you can work from wherever you want.
Price: Free up to 15 GB as long as you have Google Drive. click here, To know more..
This is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool. It is designed to help researchers easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies. It is a web based access tool.
- They Supports import file formats.
- They Offers partial support for reference list file formats.
Price: Free ( institution dependent). click here , To know more.